Castle Guards Farm Retreat – Terms applicable to all bookings made on or after 12th September 2021
Thank you for choosing to book with us. By making a booking you are entering into a legally binding agreement with us. Please read these terms before booking as they form part of the agreement between us
All bookings are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- The lead booker must be over the age of 18 at the time the booking is made. It is the lead bookers responsibility that all booking terms and conditions are adhered to and that all other members of the party are made aware of the terms and conditions . All bookings are non-transferable
- A deposit of 40% is required when booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Payment of the balance is payable no later than 28 days before the commencement of your holiday. If we do not receive the balance by this time, your Pod it is assumed that you have cancelled your booking.
- If you book within 28 days of your stay the Total fee is payable.
- Cancellation, if you cancel your stay before 28 days prior to your arrival you lose your deposit. If you cancel any later you lose all monies paid.
- In the event of cancellations or no-shows we do not offer any (either full or partial) refund.
- If more than 14 days’ notice is given, we may, at our discretion, offer an alternative date suitable to you only if we have the availability to do so.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance to insure against any cancellation you may make.
- No refunds are given for early departure.
- Pods are reserved from 3:00 pm on your arrival day and must be vacated by 10 am on your departure day. Pods are expected to be left on time in a clean and tidy state.
- Two car space are allocated to each pod.
- All Pods are NON SMOKING.
- Dogs are permitted only in Highmoor Pod (max 2) and Corn Crake (max 2) but must NOT be left on their own in the pod. All dogs must be cleaned up after. Dogs must not run free, this is a working farm and we have livestock. Please be considerate to other guests.
- Personal property is your responsibility and we will not be liable for any belongings lost or damaged during your stay.
- We ask that children are always supervised.
- Parents or carers are responsible for their children.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance to our property of any person or persons.
- We reserve the right to terminate your permission to stay at Castle Guards Farm Retreat immediately in the event that you or those in your party are in breach of these or any other term and conditions or are acting anti-social. In the event of termination no refunds will be given.
- 3 days prior to arrival you will receive your code to enter your holiday Pod .You will see your lock safe located to the left of your door. Your pin given will give you access to the key.
- Castle Guards Farm Retreat is situated on a working farm, you must not enter the farm yard, and you must keep clear of the farm machinery wherever it is situated.
- Guests are NOT permitted to remove any of the luxury glamping pod’s provided furniture inside or outside. Please ensure you leave your luxury glamping pod in a clean and tidy state.
- No open campfires are allowed. You are not permitted to bring your own fire pits or barbecues.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time.
Our right to evict
We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your Accommodation and
the Site immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
(a) we consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these terms and
(b) we consider that your or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff;
(c) any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
(d) you or your party cause damage to the property or its contents; or
(e) you exceed the maximum occupancy limit for your Accommodation.
- We have zero drug policy. Any users found in possession of drugs or attempting to consume drugs will be asked to leave the premises immediately. No refunds will be given and police/security staff will be notified.
Damages and breakages
- Any damages or breakage must be reported to us immediately. You will be liable for covering the cost before your departure.
- Please note any damage to any site facilities or to a luxury glamping pod, including when a luxury glamping pod is left in an unsatisfactory state, will incur additional charges and will be paid before departure.
- Any items left behind must be claimed within two weeks of departure. If relevant, postage and packing charges for the return of goods will apply. Alternatively, costs of disposal will be charged to you.
- Any lost keys will be charged at £45. Please leave your keys in the key safe when you are out of the property for safe keeping
- The whole site may be hired out by family or friend groups for special get-togethers.
- Please enquire by phone or email for availability, or use the 'Availability' search on the booking system.
- The Castle Guards Farm Retreat team will clean the pods between each stay.
- You are responsible for leaving the pods in a tidy manner before you leave, including putting rubbish in the bins and any dirty kitchenware in the dishwasher, and stripping the bed sheets.
- A charge of £15 will be made for any pods that have been left in a mess.
Wood Fired Hot Tub Terms and Conditions
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub, please read and
adhere to the following safety rules and user instructions
Hot Tub Safety Rules
- 1. People with heart disease, high or low blood pressure, any serious illness or who are pregnant, should not use the hot tub without consulting their doctor first.
- 2. People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections should not use the hot tub to avoid spreading infection.
- 3. It is advised that children under the age of eight should not use the hot tubs. Supervise all children, in and around the hot tub an dkeep clear of the wood fired burner.
- 4. Be aware that the heat of the water can speed up the effects of alcohol.
- 5. Do not immerse your head in the water as it increases the risk of infection (and you could drown).
- 6. Do not use electrical appliances near the water to avoid electric shocks.
- 7. Do not use any contaminants such as bubble bath, oils etc. in the water.
- 8. The flue is protected by a guard and you should not make any attempt to touch the guard or flue whilst the burner is lit. The heater door may also be hot and should be opened using the insulated handle. You must NEVER let the water out of the hot tub, OR touch and tamper with the hot tub if you have not hired it.
- 9. Never allow the water temperature to go over 40°C (37°C for children)
- 10. Do not use the hot tub after a heavy meal or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or sedatives.
Hot Tub User Instructions
- 1. Read and adhere to the above Safety Rules
- 2. Change into bathing costume, strictly no underwear or daywear allowed in the hot tubs.
- 3. Use the toilet before entering the hot tub.
- 4. Shower thoroughly with soap and water before using the hot tub to remove lotions, deodorants, creams etc.
- 5. Dip your feet in the foot baths provided prior to entering the hot tub.
- 6. Do not dive into the hot tub. Take care when entering and leaving, the surfaces may be slippery when wet. Place 2 hands on the top rim when using the steps as these may also be slippery and unstable.
- 7. Keep glass and sharp objects away from the hot tub
- 8. Depending on the water temperature, it is advised that you should not stay immersed in the hot tub for longer than 15 minutes per 1 hour.
- If we are forced to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, in the first instance we will try to find you suitable available alternate dates, however we will be unable to offer refunds or be liable for any expenses incurred. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance.
- We take all comments from guests seriously and in the unlikely event that you wish to make a complaint you can contact us by telephone or email and we will respond. We will try to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
COVID-19: Book with confidence
- While the risk of travel restrictions remains, it's important to us that you can book with confidence.
- If your booking cannot go ahead because of nationwide travel restrictions or local lockdown restrictions imposed on the campsite, you will be able to re-book flexibly and carry forward all monies paid.